Re: problems building emacs with libgpm & gnutls on an old Debian system

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: problems building emacs with libgpm & gnutls on an old Debian system (Jessie)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:17:57 +0100

On Friday,  7 Aug 2020 at 12:49, Robert Pluim wrote:
> Or the system one is failing, in which case you can try the gnulib one
> by unsetting HAVE_GETRANDOM in src/config.h

This worked!  Thank you.  I am not sure why the system one is failing
but it does seem to be the case.  In any case, I now have a working
Emacs built from src with gnus, org, twittering, etc.

It would be nice to have the option to control the use of getrandom from
the configure script to avoid having to change the generated config
files afterwards.

Thanks again,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.7 on Debian bullseye/sid