Re: Another Emacs incompatibilty

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Another Emacs incompatibilty
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 16:31:14 +0000

Torbjörn Granlund:

For example, changing the way something as fundamental as regions work in a very mature editor is just a bad idea. A really really bad idea. By all means, define some other type of region and let that have other semantics, or, let users opt in to incompatible regions by having them set a variable in their .emacs.

Like Eli, I really wonder what this means. I've been using Emacs for about 25 years, and I've not seen any change in the way regions work.

And please do explain why inserting gremlins in my buffers upon window focus changes is progress.

Again, what does this mean? I thought it was a joke the first time you wrote it, but now you write it again, so it seems you're serious.

Gregory