Re: hork point in ~/.emacs: -Q and --debug outputs in terminal & *Messag

From: ken
Subject: Re: hork point in ~/.emacs: -Q and --debug outputs in terminal & *Messages*
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 09:02:39 -0400

On 8/28/20 8:39 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: ken <gebser@mousecar.com>
>> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 08:08:43 -0400

>>>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> This indicates that Emacs cannot find the emacs.pdmp file.  You should
>>> fix this problem before you continue investigating any further
>>> problems, because when Emacs doesn't find its dump file, all kinds of
>>> weird problems can happen.  So everything you said until now is more
>>> or less unimportant, until you resolve the problem with the emacs.pdmp
>>> file.
>> Thanks, but I know nothing at all about this file, never heard of it.
>> Looking for it:
>>
>> "locate emacs.pdmp" returns nothing.
>>
>> "rpm -ql emacs|grep emacs.pdmp" returns nothing.
>>
>> So it appears I don't have it and never did.
> Very strange.  Once Emacs starts, if you type
>
>   M-x report-emacs-bug RET
>
> what do you see in the buffer that Emacs pops?  Please post all of its
> contents.

To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: 27.1; pdmp
--text follows this line--

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-08-28 built on nv
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
End of buffer
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Mark saved where search started
Mark set [3 times]
Saving file /home/aaa/.emacs...
Wrote /home/aaa/.emacs

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: POSIX
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/emacs.d/url hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/url/url
~/emacs.d/url-dav hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/url/url-dav
~/emacs.d/smtpmail hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/mail/smtpmail
~/emacs.d/cal-china hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/calendar/cal-china

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug message rmc dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
misearch multi-isearch help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace
find-func time-stamp font-latex tex dbus crm cl-extra help-mode
sh-script executable image-mode exif mule-util info noutline outline
easy-mmode tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url gnus
nnheader wid-edit thingatpt url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mm-view mml-smime mml-sec epa derived
epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils smime dig
mailcap mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr shr text-property-search url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars puny svg xml browse-url
format-spec color js json map imenu html-mode jsp-html-helper-mode
asp-html-helper-mode php-html-helper-mode html-helper-mode advice tempo
cl cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs time-date subr-x edmacro kmacro
sgml-mode seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv dom jka-compr
saveplace desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib xfonts rmailgen paren
preview-latex auto-loads tex-site ispell delsel cus-load lpr tooltip
cus-start pcase eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2528098 193386)
 (symbols 48 35659 2)