Re: apology + question about wierd chars in mail

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: apology + question about wierd chars in mail
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 20:53:09 +0700

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 at 20:18, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU
Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> I know the guy well, AFK, it isn't spam. He isn't
> a tech person, either, I think his client/device did
> it. The message makes sense and is normal. But it
> isn't "sensitive", so I thought I'd just post it as
> it is. People speaking/reading Scandinavian will
> understand it once decoded - it is a normal message.

You should alert the guy then that he’s writing in an unusual subset
of Unicode. Maybe he installed something that lets him enter extended
characters and forgot to turn it off. Maybe he thinks it’s cute, like
some people started writing in pink Comic Sans once HTML mail became a
thing. Anyway, you should set him straight. It’s a people problem, not
a technical problem.