Re: make a drawing with Emacs

From: tomas
Subject: Re: make a drawing with Emacs
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 16:58:54 +0200

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 02:22:32PM +0200, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> tomas wrote:
>
> >  (require 'svg)
> >   (insert-image
> >    (svg-image
> >     (let ((svg (svg-create 100 100)))
> >       (svg-circle svg 50 50 20 :stroke-width 6 :stroke 'blue :fill 'yellow)
> >       svg)))
>
> OK, I see the point, that makes sense and it seems
> like a pleasant workbench.
>
> Only, how do you get an image file?
>
> Also, that evaluates to
>
>   image-type: Invalid image type ‘svg’
>
> That might be an emacs-nox thing, perhaps?

Your Emacs has to be able to display svg images. Your easiest bet is
that you are just missing librsvg (package librsvg2-2 or thereabouts,
if you are on Debian) -- but of course, your Emacs has to be compiled
with SVG support built in (no idea whether emacs-nox does).

Cheers
 - t