[REQ]Light/dark toggle for terminal emacs

From: Steve Greenburg
Subject: [REQ]Light/dark toggle for terminal emacs
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 20:00:46 +0000

I was using emacs -nw in a terminal the other day and noticed that only the
tsdh-light theme was able to give me a light background/dark text out of all
the themes in etc/themes. This was a freebsd terminal where the default term
has limited colors, and tsdh-light was the only theme that didn't check for a
minimum of 80 something colors. It wasn't great but it was much more readable,
and faster than setting -fg or -bg on the command line.

I think it would be a good idea to have a menu option in terminal emacs at
least to toggle light/dark for easy of editing. My vision is impaired and I
work best with light terminals most of the time. Probably the Options menu
before Multilingual Environment. Someone said (invert-face 'default) can do
this but I don't expect a casual user on bsd or otherwise would know about
this. Possibly a command line option like -light or -dark might also work.