showing help hints below the modeline for C-M v

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: showing help hints below the modeline for C-M v
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 23:35:30 +0530

For some of the standard keys, I have mapped other keys to do the
same. For e.g. I have mapped PF7 to scroll-other-window.  I'd like to
show messages below the modeline "you can also use PF7 to scroll" when
the window is split and I'm using C-M v to scroll.  Either immediately
or after a delay; is that possible?

sivaram