Re: Emacs keybindings according to file type

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Emacs keybindings according to file type
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 14:52:47 +0700

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 14:44, Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> wrote:

> Concerning the repeatable binding, have you practiced, because I have not.
> How do you go about it?

A binding is called repeatable if you can repeat it easily. A single
key (possibly with modifiers) is repeatable.

There also exist techniques to make key sequences repeatable, such as
C-x z (‘repeat’). You can execute org-drag-line-forward with C-t l f,
then press C-x z to repeat that once, then press z one or several
times to repeat again. Personally, I don’t use that and strive to
assign easy keys to commands I’m going to use multiple times in a row.