Re: Terminal only emacs question

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Terminal only emacs question
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 00:10:15 +0200

Ergus wrote:

> Whats the way to determine in the init file if
> a emacs is running under a terminal emulator or the
> linux console?

Well, the Linux console, AKA the Linux VTs (virtual
terminals), is also a terminal emulator, "emulator"
and "virtual" here denotes the same thing, i.e.
that it isn't a physical terminal.

> I need this to condition the load of xterm-mouse-mode
> or gpm-mouse-mode. I tried getenv but for some reason
> inside emacs it is always "dumb".

OK, you tried `getenv', but with what?

> Any idea?

Check out the variable `window-system'...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573