Error connecting to TLS ELPA since 27.1

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Error connecting to TLS ELPA since 27.1
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 08:20:25 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Since upgrading to 27.1 a few days ago when interacting with ELPA I get the
following error:

```
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving:
https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents (error connection-failed
"connect" :host "elpa.gnu.org" \
:service 443)
```

I recall seeing some changes to TLS in the NEWS file this time around. Is
there anything I can do to debug this? I appear to be able to install
packages from ELPA (I just bumped to org 9.4 for instance) so this appears
to be innocuous but obviously I would love for it not to be happening. :)

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.