Re: HTTPS fails (was: url-retrieve fails on most HTTPS sites)

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: HTTPS fails (was: url-retrieve fails on most HTTPS sites)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:16:58 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

So, let me try to rephrase it in simpler terms using EWW, the Emacs Web Wrowser.

(eww "https://theconversation.com/global";) displays a web page rendered as text, as expected.

(eww "https://wikipedia.org/";) displays briefly "Loading https://wikipedia.org/";, then the buffer is emptied, indicating that the server has closed the connection.

Is it the same for you? Is it the same with different emacs versions? I am running 26.1 on Debian.

It works for me on Debian with Emacs 26.1. It also works with other Emacs versions. So I suspect something is wrong on your side.

Gregory