Re: Mouse interaction in -nw

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Mouse interaction in -nw
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:13:45 +0200

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 12:59:22PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Look at the attached gif. Where I select with the mouse several time,
and then M-w; but the region (mark) is not "properly updated" to the
selected region, just the point is updated, not the mark.

Actually the mouse selection does not act as the region at all. Maybe
this is intended... I just don't get why.

The mouse selection seems to be done "by the terminal" rather than "by
Emacs".  IOW, it looks like the mouse clicks aren't passed to Emacs.
Time to check `C-h l`?
What text-terminal is that?

       Stefan

xterm+tmux