Re: Emacs 27.1, Gnus, Tramp?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1, Gnus, Tramp?
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 11:08:02 +0200

Kevin Shell <kshell@gmx.com> writes:

> Hello Emacs users.

Hi Kevin,

> I upgrade emacs 26.3 to emacs 27.1.
> When I start Gnus,
> Tramp is opening all my .iso files in my home directory.
>
>  Tramp: Opening connection for file xxx.iso using archive...done
>  Tramp: Opening connection for file yyy.iso using archive...done

There is a new feature, that file archives are read when they are
provided as directory, like in "/path/to/archive.iso/". As long as the
archive name doesn't contain the trailing slash, you shouldn't see it.

I have no idea why Gnus is doing this, maybe you shall write a bug
report. As workaround, you might set in your .emacs

(eval-after-load 'tramp-archive
  (setq tramp-archive-enabled nil))

> kevin

Best regards, Michael.