How to deal with 'function' not known to be defined

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: How to deal with 'function' not known to be defined
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 22:51:40 +0530

I have a lisp file `init-which-key.el` which is included in
`~/.emacs.d/init.el`.

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(require 'package)
(defun my/which-key-setup ()
  "Startup configuration for which-key."
  (unless (package-installed-p 'which-key)
    (package-install 'which-key))

  (which-key-mode 1))

(my/which-key-setup)
#+END_SRC

Flymake reports one warning - "The function 'which-key-mode" is not
known to be define.

I know that 'which-key-mode' is not available till the package is
installed. And flymake tries to compile and find errors and warnings.

What are the best practices to write such modular files that are free
from flymake warnings? Any pointers where I can read specifically on
this topic?