Re: Setting keybinding for org-support-shift-select t

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Setting keybinding for org-support-shift-select t
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 06:12:56 +0200

Christopher Dimech wrote:

> I am getting a bit confused on the to use
>
> #'func-name
>
> and when using
>
> 'func-name
>
> Previously, in my code, I was not using the #, see
> below
>
> ( global-set-key (kbd "C-t l <down>") 'Line-Dw )

Well then, it is one of many improvements you can
make to your code :)

The symbol's name should already tell you it is
intended to be used as a function (the function of the
symbol should be used). But for extra clarity, add
the sharp quote.

Also if you byte compile the code, which is
recommended for Elisp perfecting purposes, debugging,
and execution speed, _if_ you byte compile the code
the byte compiler will tell you if the function isn't
known to be defined... there was a thread about this
(WRT lambdas) recently, check it out if you can find
it (don't remember the subject TBH, I think we
hijacked another thread so probably won't even be in
the subject now that I say it...)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573