Re: Smooth image scrolling

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Smooth image scrolling
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 05:18:02 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> First thing I don't understand is whether you are trying this with the
> mouse or with C-n/C-p.

With the mouse.

> The latter should already work reasonably well for tall images
> (i.e. images taller than the window), see line-move and its
> subroutines line-move-visual and line-move-partial.  Maybe the code
> there will give you ideas for how to solve your problem?

Will have a look.  The first thing I noticed was that I had set
line-move-visual > nil in my config.  When I set it (back) to t (the
default) the behavior is already much better.

I don't recall why I had set line-move-visual > nil some time ago.  I
guess something didn't work the way I wanted or expected and that
problem is maybe long solved.  I've set it now t in my config and will
see what I experience, and how image scrolling feels like with that.

Regards,

Michael.