Re: Define interactive function with arguments

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Define interactive function with arguments
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 11:52:05 +0200

Joost, apology accepted. It is at times beneficial to assume others
know something you don't. Reading the manuals was pointed out and have
checked them, but they are one tough cookie unless one already knows a
decent amount and has used it to do real work.  The most useful thing I
found was describe-function.

I plan to write an abbreviated manual for this stuff, as I found it very easy
to get impatient reading so much material before you can start getting things
done.  Naturally the code I am doing is going to be released, so that new users
can easily set up their new Gnu Machine with some handy keybindings that new
users
can find useful, quick to understand, and by referring to the code and the
abbreviated
manual, quickly learn the basics of Emacs Lisp for their own work.

Regards
Christopher

Christopher Dimech
Chief Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy