Re: Icomplete + flex completion + tramp - input is 1 character off

From: Alex McGrath
Subject: Re: Icomplete + flex completion + tramp - input is 1 character off
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 22:29:27 +0100 (IST)

> "Alex McGrath" <amk@amk.ie> writes:
>

>> as expected. It also seems to start working again once.
>
> I don't understand how typing 'hello' is related to remote file
> names. Could you pls show a comprehensive recipe for reproduction?
For example if the directory contains the files
```
Hello
Hello2
Howdy
```
when `find-file` is executed and Hello is typed only Hell will have appeared
in the minibuffer until I enter another character or move the cursor.

I think its probably easier to reproduce on a directory with a lot of files, it
seems to start working like normal again once its narrowed it down to a few
items.

> And which Emacs/Tramp versions are you using?

I'm using emacs version 27.1 and have also been able to reproduce it on
the master branch, I'm not sure what version of tramp, but I dont think I
updated it manually, so whatever is shipped with 27/current master