Re: gnus with multiple mail accounts

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: gnus with multiple mail accounts
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:09:13 +0200

    Eric> On Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 10:50, Robert Pluim wrote:
    >> Thatʼs a very recent change in emacs-master, and it only work if you're
    >> using the SMTP TLS transport port, which is 465. 587 is the SMTP
    >> STARTTLS submission port, and is not covered (I recommend people use
    >> 465 whenever possible). Does office365 not support port 465?

    Eric> I don't know how recent the change you refer to is.  My Emacs is from
    Eric> git a day or two ago.  All my emails go through with this header:

    Eric> ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp outlook.office365.com 587
EMAILADDRESS")

Yes, but I bet you haven't set smtpmail-stream-type, which means itʼs
nil, which means 'use STARTTLS if possible'. You might want to set it
to 'starttls.

Iʼm stunned that office365 doesnʼt support direct TLS on 465, it
leaves all their customers open to STARTTLS downgrade attaccks.

Robert