How to avoid warning, with undefined functions in a package

From: Jean Louis
Subject: How to avoid warning, with undefined functions in a package
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 08:58:11 +0300

Let us say I have some speech functions, but do not want to
(require 'festival) for the package rcd-utilities.el

Those are undefined functions and variables, but I would not like
defining them, or requiring them, unless user has that other package.

What would be good approach to solve that, and that there are no
compiler warnings?

In rcd-speak-festival:
rcd-utilities.el:121:23: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘festival-program-name’

In end of data:
rcd-utilities.el:205:1: Warning: the function ‘festival-say-string’ is not
    known to be defined.