Re: the Elisp robot [photo]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: the Elisp robot [photo]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 00:48:07 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

>>  (defun get-motor-speed (motor)
>>   (file-to-integer (get-motor-speed-file motor) ))
>
> Aha you read there from file.
>
>> (defun set-motor-speed (motor speed)
>>   (write-to-file-integer (get-motor-speed-file motor) speed) )
>
> You write there.

J. Louis, Elisp class "R" detective

> I guess that is something similar as /proc/ file
> system. It is understandable.

Everything is a file, I've heard people say, or inode
at least, in Linux, so why not this as well? It is
easy to understand and open to access from whatever
tool.

It is good enough for my game :)

> Does droid has some non-free blobs or something
> to run?

My Elisp don't have an explicit license, as for the
ev3dev kernel including additionally installed
software, I don't know - how do you check that?
The /etc/apt/sources.list is maybe an indicator but
doesn't tell what has been installed, just what can
be installed (besides, that's a file one can edit).

How do you get a list on a Debian or Debian-like OS,
that tells what packs have been installed with
apt-get & Co.?

> Where is it available?

it = the source?

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/terror-3/