Insecure Mail Sending Warning

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Insecure Mail Sending Warning
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 01:35:35 +0100

When I send mail I get a warning about security.

> The TLS connection to <mailserver> is insecure for the following reason:
>
> * TLS1.0 protocol is deprecated by standard bodies.

Where <mailserver> is the URL of my mailserver.

Can I fix this or is the problem on my mail provider's side?

I'm using port 587, which I thought was correct.

My init file doesn't have much in it for sending mail:

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "<mailserver>")
(setq user-mail-address "rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service 587)

BR,
Robert Thorpe