bookmark-jump failing to jump to correct location

From: bobf32
Subject: bookmark-jump failing to jump to correct location
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 21:12:36 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to report a problem I have encountered with bookmark-jump. I have
reproduced the problem with emacs -Q and no pre-existing bookmark file.

I am using a spacemacs configuration of Emacs 26.1 under WSL on Windows 10.
I cannot reproduce the problem using a similar Emacs 26.3 config running
under Windows directly.

Steps to reproduce
1. Start Emacs
2. Load two files
3. Set a bookmark, using bookmark-set, named a in one of the files.
4. Move cursor to a line other than bookmark a (call it line x).
5. Switch buffers to file 2.
6. Execute bookmark-jump and navigate to bookmark a.

Observed behaviour
1. The buffer containing bookmark a is made current, but the cursor
position is unchanged, at line x.

Expected behaviour
1. The buffer containing bookmark a is made current and the cursor is
positioned at the line defined by bookmark a.