Re: problems with Emacs 28

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: problems with Emacs 28
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 02:13:15 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> because I wanted an Emacs with support for modules (in particular,
>> vterm), which isn't possible to get from the Debian repos, IIUC.
>
> I suggest you `reportbug` about it (to Debian).

To be exact, IIUC, you can't provide configure options when installing
from the repos. So you can't use the --with-modules option. However,
modules are supported by default in Emacs 27, which is available in
the experimental Debian distribution. [1] Only, I'm using
Debian stable:

  $ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Debian
  Release: 10
  Codename:     buster

>> I take it spcific reasons made you do it?
>
> Who is "you" above referring to?

The people who decide if markdown-mode should be in Emacs or in MELPA.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/emacs

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573