Re: vterm-module compile error

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: vterm-module compile error
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:11:37 +0300

* Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> [2020-10-24 15:35]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> >> When I do M-x vterm RET it says
> >>
> >>   Vterm needs `vterm-module' to work.  Compile it now? (y or n) y
> >>   Compilation of ‘emacs-libvterm’ module succeeded
> >>
> >> but then
> >>
> >>   -- System libvterm detected
> >>   -- Configuring done
> >
> > That is something to complain to developer of emacs-libvterm
> >
> > I am using it from git sources and it works without problems that
> > way. It does not work when installed as package.
>
> I've been curious about vterm for some time and just installed the
> package.  For me, the initial module compile after M-x vterm RET worked
> flawlessly on an Arch GNU/Linux box...

I find vterm usable:

- ansi-term after some time disorganizes its screen. I cannot easily
  replicate it to file the bug.

- term and ansi-term is disallowing me M-x and I do not know why, I
  did not find option to let me M-x

Only those few reasons, if I could do M-x I would not be using
external package that requires compiling.