Re: problems with Emacs 28

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: problems with Emacs 28
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 21:26:54 +0200

> FWIW, I think it's a mistake for Emacs to adopt
> that convention now, or at least it's a mistake
> to adopt it only partially.

I think it's ok if we end with a handful of functions that
are explicitly labeled that way to indicate they are the
in-place-modifying counterpart of some other existing pure function
where the return value matters.  As long as "!" is rarely seen, it's not
suggesting that Emacs uses exactly the same convention as scheme.

Michael.