Re: elpy: autocompletition not working

From: c.buhtz
Subject: Re: elpy: autocompletition not working
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 13:54:08 +0100

Ok, it becomes warmer.

Not sure but I think "jedi" is the external part that is used for
auto-complemetion. And "jedi" is a python package.
Ok, I installed it via pip/pip3 on my Python2 and Python3 environment
on Debian10.
I do not use virtuelenv on my system and also deactivated it explicit
on elpy.

I can do "import jedi" in a Python2 and 3 prompt.

But "M-x elpy-config" still shows me
"Jedi.............: Not found (0.17.2 available)".

When using the "[Install jedi]" "button" in the elpy-config buffer I
got an error (of course!) because the emacs instance to not have the
rights to install something with pip - only root/sudo can do this on
Debian by default.