Re: String length 13 characters made of blank spaces

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: String length 13 characters made of blank spaces
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 09:05:32 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30 2020, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> Can one do the following to have a string length 13 characters
> made of blank spaces, or is it better to use some other construct?
>
> (make-string 13 ? )

A space character can also be represented as `?\s`, which is better because the
space after the question mark can easily be overlooked. (See (info "(elisp)
Basic Char Syntax") for details.)

Other than that, though, `make-string` is the right function for the job, I'd
say.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments