Re: vterm-module compile error

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: vterm-module compile error
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:21:57 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-11-01 03:01]:

> >> Can I have a vterm-can-I-have-my-keys-back-please please?
> >
> > C-p and C-n do history back and forth in M-x term and also in M-x
> > vterm
>
> That's a problem! And here is the (one) solution...
>
> Check out the emacs-init directory for the other stuff if it fancies
> you, otherwise just use the loop to get everyday Emacs keys back.
> I think I'll be adding a couple of more to that list before I'm happy
> with vterm.
>
> ;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
> ;;;
> ;;; this file:
> ;;;   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/term.el
> ;;;   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/term.el
>
> (require 'super)
> (require 'switch-to-buffer-regexp)
> (require 'vterm)
>
> (defun use-vterm (new)
>   (interactive "P")
>   (when (or new (not (switch-to-buffer-regexp "vterm")))
>     (vterm) ))
> (defalias 'vt #'use-vterm)
>
> (let ((the-map vterm-mode-map)
>       (keys '(
>               "\C-a"
>               "\C-e"
>               "\C-n"
>               "\C-p"
>               )))
>   (disable-super-global-keys the-map)
>   (dolist (k keys)
>     (define-key the-map k nil) )
>   (define-key the-map "\C-\M-p" #'vterm-send-C-p)
>   (define-key the-map "\C-\M-n" #'vterm-send-C-n) )

It depends what you are familiar to. Please tell me why you disable
C-n and C-p?

In terminals including in built-in ansi-term or term it does the same
command history functions. If you disable it, then for what use?