Re: bounds-of-thing-at-point for paragraphs

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: bounds-of-thing-at-point for paragraphs
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 21:45:59 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2020-11-01 21:35]:
> Yes, but transpose-paragraph does not keep at the same point
> position.

You can remember the point and restore it.

Make new function with:

1. Remember (point)
2. transpose-paragraph
3. (posn-set-point POSITION)

> I was asking how bounds-of-thing-at-point does not take paragraph as
> argument as well, since it does for word, sentence, line. Can
> paragraph be included as well?

You could try to define it. There is function org--paragraph-at-point
that gives information about paragraph at point. Try it out.

--
There are 50 messages yet in my incoming mailbox.