Re: How to dump Emacs and use as application snapshot?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to dump Emacs and use as application snapshot?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 15:46:45 +0300

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2020-10-28 02:03]:
> > I wish some speed at opening whole environment.
>
> I don't know what you mean by "whole environment".
> Is that "GUI environment with Emacs running inside of it"?
> Or "a whole new Emacs session with all my .emacs config loaded"?

Yes for above, with configuration loaded. I can launch with emacs
--dump-file and it works in general, but there is problem with module
that I am using, I think that does not work if I use modules.

> Or "a whole new Emacs session with all my .emacs config loaded and
> all the files I had previously open displayed in the same frames and
> windows as before"?

That now, that is terribly slow, if you mean desktop-mode.

> And of course, there are many other ways to speed up the second case
> (mostly by trying to be careful to load packages lazily).

That is exactly my problem.

Could you tell or confirm my understanding if loading personal files
is slower than installing packages and then using package later
through autoload functions?

leaf is for now complex for me to understand. I need time to
understand it.