Re: Keybinding that loops through Major Modes

From: Vegard Vesterheim
Subject: Re: Keybinding that loops through Major Modes
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 22:31:13 +0100

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 22:10:02 +0100 Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> wrote:

> I shall explain better then.  In my .texi files I customarily include commands
> from other modes or want to use some hooks from other modes (e.g. org-mode).
> So even after I load a file with the default mode, I would need to quickly
> shift to another mode temporarily, then switch back to normal-mode.

I realize this is not an answer to your original question. But have you
considered writing your file in org-mode? Org-mode can export to
several formats, also texi.

Org-mode has this thing called babel
(https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/) which allows you to embed
(and even execute) blocks of code in your document.

>From the manual
(https://orgmode.org/manual/Editing-Source-Code.html#Editing-Source-Code):

Use C-c ' to edit the current code block. It opens a new major mode edit
buffer containing the body of the source code block, ready for any edits.

--
Vennlig hilsen/Best regards
Vegard Vesterheim