Re: Same file on two buffers - Two different major modes

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Same file on two buffers - Two different major modes
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 12:52:01 +0100

Am Mi., 4. Nov. 2020 um 12:38 Uhr schrieb Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com>:

> Can one have two buffers of the same file, next to each other,
> but in different modes.

Yes, see "Indirect Buffers" in the Emacs manual. E.g. you can run C-x
4 c to clone the current buffer, and then switch the major mode in the
clone buffer. However, this seems to break font locking.

>  When I change one buffer, the major mode
> of the other is changing automatically.

I don't quite understand - if the buffers should have different modes,
how would changing the mode in one buffer affect another buffer?