Re: Same file on two buffers - Two different major modes

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Same file on two buffers - Two different major modes
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 13:08:32 +0100

On Wed, Nov 04 2020, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> Can one have two buffers of the same file, next to each other,
> but in different modes.  When I change one buffer, the major mode
> of the other is changing automatically.

You probably have two *windows* displaying the *same* buffer. I don't think you
can have two buffers visiting the same file, because visiting a file first
checks if the file is already being visited.

As pointed out by others, you could use an indirect buffer, but that's not a
perfect solution, because it messes up font lock (apparently among other
things).

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments