Re: Prevent multi-line reformatting of embedded calc results

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Prevent multi-line reformatting of embedded calc results
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 14:08:57 +0000

On Thursday,  5 Nov 2020 at 11:43, Robert Pluim wrote:
> You could override 'math-format-nice-expr' to not do that.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for this suggestion.  It did not work but it did send me down
a very interesting rabbit hole. :-) Calc code is, shall we say, somewhat
terse at times.

I eventually got out of the rabbit hole and did so with a very simple
solution:

% [calc-mode: break: nil]

I should have known that Calc would have what I want; it's just that
there's so much that it's difficult to find what you need at times.  The
key, for embedded mode, is the variable calc-embedded-mode-vars which
tells you what mode settings are possible/understood.

Thanks again,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4 on Debian bullseye/sid