Re: Defun Self Documentation

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Defun Self Documentation
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 21:08:54 +0300

* tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2020-11-05 19:02]:
> On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 04:55:54PM +0100, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> > Don't people find it tough to immediately figure out which bracket closes
> > what?  But if readers will thank me, I would certainly comply.  I come from
> > the C-Language as is evident.

I can understand the problem. Here is short advise:

- (setq electric-pair-mode t)  ;; This will give automatic () instead of only (
  and it will work with [] and "", this helps to make sure what is closed

- highlight matching parenthesis in menu and save options, that
  will give you flashing parenthesis and you will know what you
  are closing.

- additionally you may see in minibuffer also first part of the
  list that you are closing