Licensing question

From: Brian Leung
Subject: Licensing question
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 05:59:47 +0100 (CET)

If I copy and properly attribute code distributed under a GPL-compatible
license like Apache 2 or Expat, will the code necessarily be ineligible for
inclusion in GNU Emacs?

My specific problem: the tree-sitter library has garnered some interest as a
tool for structured editing. Assume, for the sake of this discussion, that
Emacs has support for it. I would like to read through
https://github.com/nvim-treesitter/nvim-treesitter/ to figure out how to
develop some user-facing features. But nvim-tree-sitter is distributed under an
Apache 2 license, so I'm not sure what I can do with their code.

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email