Re: Defun Self Documentation

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Defun Self Documentation
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 04:45:01 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not prepared to ignore people who publicly smear the
> names of others with profanities. Those people should be prepared
> to have their names publicly smeared as well.

Eli, you being a crybaby trying to defend the Emacs turf against
one person writing mails on a damn ML ... it only proves my point.

In my daily life, I go to the bike shop, everyone is "Oh, Manny",
I go to the tree house, everyone is "Oh, Manny", I go to the
brewery, everyone is *hiccup*, but I go HERE, people are always
trying to tell me, I'm no good, blah blah blah.

Eli is old hands at that. When I came here, ~15 years ago, one of
the first things I wrote was this [1]. Yet there were many flame
wars involving Eli, Juanma, and a bunch of other negativist lamers
I don't remember, who critizised everything I did - just so many
people (not everyone) trying to get me to leave...

Today, we have a bunch of guys asking questions, some of which
implies (I might be wrong, but that's how it looks, TBH) they have
no programming experience whatsoever. They ask questions and it is
like a contest in patience, everyone (almost) is trying their
hardest not to loose their temper and speak their minds which would
be soo embarrassing dear God :$

Again, when I came, I wrote the below Elisp. Now, ~15 years later
Eli still tells me I'm not good enough and can't change the
original values of damn Emacs options without explicitly
stating why. It is so ridiculous.

But Eli, guess what, two things, 1) you couldn't defend your little
turf from me then, and you cannot now, I just DON'T BELIEVE YOU,
I KNOW what I can do with a computer, and I can do whatever the
fuck I want to it, including your little turf program; and 2) if we
pause to take a deep breath, why do you think, when I go to the
bike shop, to the tree house, or to the brewery, there is not
a single little punk fucker to challenge me anywhere? are you the
only punk fucker in the world with a turf to defend? hardly! so how
come you think I never meet any Elis face to face?

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/shell-cli.el

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573