Re: Little help with defcustom

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Little help with defcustom
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 14:41:03 +0100

On Mon, Nov 09 2020, Jean Louis wrote:
> I need little help with defcustom. I would like to define defcustom
> structure for:
>
> Multiple inserts INS DEL:
>
> - Server name
>   - Host name
>   - User name
>   - Password
>   - Port number (integer up to 65535)
>   - Activated (boolean)
>
> And then to define second defcustom structure with multiple inserts
> INS DEL:
>
> - Server name (referencing the above server name)
>   - Set name (belonging to this server)
>   - Node ID (integer, by default empty)
>   - Updatable (boolean)

You can get the multiple inserts with the customisation type `repeat'. Other
than that, it's hard to give you any specific advice because you're not saying
what you're having trouble with. Have you looked at the documentation (info
"(elisp) Customization")? There are also tons of defcustoms in the Emacs source,
so you could take a user option in a Customize buffer that looks like what you
want and then check out how it's defined.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments