How to return to split window or window configuration?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: How to return to split window or window configuration?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 17:01:16 +0300

Here I have problem to solve for which I rather ask somebody
experienced:

When opening my program (HyperScope) I am opening it in other
window. So normally screen splits or specific window splits.

Then I made it so that I can remove other windows for full screen. And
that works well.

Now I would like to press full screen again so that previous window
configuration is restored.

What would be recommended way to restore it?

Would it be this functions below?

‘C-x r w R’
     Save the state of the selected frame’s windows in register R
     (‘window-configuration-to-register’).

Then I can use jump-to-register to restore it.

Or maybe there exists some other common way of restoring window
configuration?

Jean