unable to use ange-mode to edit file on ftp server

From: Frédéric Baldit
Subject: unable to use ange-mode to edit file on ftp server
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 01:11:25 +0100

Hi,

I'm using emacs (26.1 on debian 10) and I would like to use ange-mode
to connect to the ftp server on which my web site is hosted. I
installed ftp debian pakage. I can connect to my ftp server with ftp in
a terminal. But I cannot open some existing remote file with emacs,
though I have used the syntax indicated: C-x
C-f /user@hostname:file-path-on-root-directory

Could anyone here give me some valuable help?
Thank's in advance,

--
  Frédéric Baldit