Re: Inserting Schedule in Org-Mode requires calendar buffer

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Inserting Schedule in Org-Mode requires calendar buffer
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 01:13:33 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2020-11-18 01:07]:
> > Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 11:02 PM
> > From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> > To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> > Cc: "Help Gnu Emacs" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> > Subject: Re: Inserting Schedule in Org-Mode requires calendar buffer
> >
> > * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2020-11-18 00:56]:
> > > When I want to insert a schedule in Org-Mode, I need to have the
> > > calendar buffer in emacs to work.  Is there some customary way
> > > that people include in their init file for emacs.
> >
> > When inserting schedule item with C-c C-s the calendar buffer is
> > opening automatically. Do you see it opening automatically?
>
> The problem occurs when hitting 'C-c <'.

On my side it just inserts in the buffer: <2020-11-18 Wed> but does
not ask me automatically for calendar to be chosen. The documentation says:

‘C-c <’ (‘org-date-from-calendar’)
     Insert a timestamp corresponding to point date in the calendar.

So when you open calendar with {M-x calendar RET} you may move cursor
in calendar and then move to Org buffer and invoke {C-c <} and you
will get the date from cursor that was in calendar.

Another way of adjusting this below is by using SHIFT-arrows

<2020-11-16 Mon>
  ^    ^  ^
  |    |  |--- here by using shift arrows you adjust the date
  |    |
  |    |--- here by using shift arrows you adjust month

  |--- here by using shift arrows you adjust the year