Re: Lunar Phases in Calendar

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Lunar Phases in Calendar
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 23:12:27 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2020-11-18 21:34]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Side notes:
> >
> > As we are on different parts of the planet I think, but I am not so
> > sure, that {M-x lunar-phases RET} could require latitude and
> > longitude.
>
> AFAIK earth is too small for exact position on earth to have an effect
> (unless Bwindi Impenetrable Forest has its own moon).

I was just guessing program is using those to calculate it more
correctly as related to time zones. For somebody in Seattle, WA it
will be maybe 10-14 hours back and previous date, somebody will have
it next day, all in same time. I did not look into calendar inside,
not yet. It is interesting to have those in Emacs.

I remember two clients arrived from US and have seen calendar on my
Emacs and have been wondering how is possible to have all those
features in the same software. They did not know what is Emacs.