Re: Emacs Calendar - Removing holidays

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs Calendar - Removing holidays
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 23:09:51 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2020-11-19 22:53]:
> Have used calendar-mark-diary-entries-flag and the dates
> get marked.
>
> (setq calendar-mark-diary-entries-flag t)
>
> I also want to set other dates for appointments and other dates
> and using holiday, although holiday is not an appropriate term.
>
> Is there something like holidays but work related.  Because
> I do not want to show standard holidays like christian, hebrew,
> etc.

On GNU ELPA search for holidays and download one of those packages and
you may use such to make your own.

See example here:

https://github.com/abo-abo/netherlands-holidays

Also see in Emacs Manual:

File: emacs.info,  Node: Holiday Customizing,  Next: Mayan Calendar,  Prev:
Calendar Customizing,  Up: Advanced Calendar/Diary Usage

31.13.2 Customizing the Holidays
--------------------------------

   The general holidays are, by default, holidays common throughout the
United States.  In contrast, ‘holiday-local-holidays’ and
‘holiday-other-holidays’ are both empty by default.  These are intended
for system-wide settings and your individual use, respectively.

   For example, suppose you want to add Bastille Day, celebrated in
France on July 14 (i.e., the fourteenth day of the seventh month).  You
can do this as follows:

     (setq holiday-other-holidays '((holiday-fixed 7 14 "Bastille Day")))

     (setq holiday-other-holidays
           '((holiday-hebrew 10 2 "Last day of Hanukkah")
             (holiday-islamic 3 12 "Mohammed's Birthday")
             (holiday-julian 4 2 "Jefferson's Birthday")))