Re: How to use project.el

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to use project.el
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 22:34:30 +0300

* excalamus--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-11-20 17:53]:

> With 27.1 out, I see talk of project.el, how great it is, and how
> it's been around for years.  What I don't see is anything about how
> to use it.  There's one sparse page in the manual, C-h i m emacs m
> Projects.  I've run project-find-file and project-search.  I fail to
> see how they're fundamentally different than find-file or grep.

Even me I was reading about it before some days. The difference is
is this below.

File: emacs.info,  Node: Projects,  Next: Change Log,  Prev: Version Control,
Up: Maintaining

28.2 Working with Projects

A “project” is a collection of files used for producing one or more
programs.  Files that belong to a project are typically stored in a
hierarchy of directories; the top-level directory of the hierarchy is
known as the “project root”.