Re: Visual font looping setup

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Visual font looping setup
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 00:03:18 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2020-11-20 23:01]:
> > Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 22:26:48 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> >
> > I think we should make a function to visually loop through all the
> > fonts for default Emacs settings.
>
> What do you mean by "fonts for default Emacs settings"?
>
> > Beyond DejaVu Sans Mono I do not know which font to use that it
> > looks equally good.
>
> Which font out of what collection?  If you mean out of all the fonts
> installed on your system, then surely your system has some tool that
> can show all the installed fonts with a sample of each one?
>
> Failing that, the font selection dialog popped by S-mouse-1 or
> Options->Set Default Font from the menu bar usually shows a small
> sample of each font as you scroll through their list.

You say that it shows small sample of each font. On my side for years
it shows just 3 major options Misc, few fonts commonly used on X
before 20 years, then there is Courier option for various sizes, bold
and slant and mix, and there is fontset. More than that never appears
there.

S-mouse-1 opens up same dialog.

Do you mean that there are more fonts on your side displayed under
those options?