Re: I continue to get error ob-ref: unescaped character literals

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: I continue to get error ob-ref: unescaped character literals
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:14:55 +0100

> Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 at 1:42 PM
> From: "Michael Heerdegen" <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: I continue to get error ob-ref: unescaped character literals
>
> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
>
> > The problem only crops up when I call (require 'org)
>
> If this doesn't happen with emacs -Q it is possible that the problem is
> in your config.  Some `with-eval-after-load' or `add-hook' call maybe?

No, it does nat happen with emacs -Q

Must be something with my config file, but what!  Seems to me that I cannot put
(require 'org) just anywhere.

Currently I have a file org.el

And even when I commentall the commands in the file, the message still appears

----- org.el -----
(require 'org)
;;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Orgbabel - For executing programming language source code
(setq orgbabel
   "~/GAdmSw/orgbabel.el")
;;(load orgbabel)

;;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Orghist - For logging history about jobs
(setq orghist
   "~/GAdmSw/orghist.el")
;;(load orghist)

;; Orghutf - Uses Utf-8 Geometric Pictograms for headings
(setq gungadin-orghutf
   "~/GAdmSw/orghutf.el")
(load orghutf)

(require 'orghutf)