Re: Auto Fill Comments

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 18:41:44 +0100

> Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 at 5:02 PM
> From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 04:44:32PM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> > * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2020-11-27 12:25]:
> > > The programming craft is in the source code.  The documentation is to help
> > > understand it.  Could be even harder than writing the code.  It makes a
> > > convenient listing if you know what you're doing.  It's not always the
> > > failure
> > > of readers.
> >
> > On that last sentence that is so. It is not always the failure of
> > readers [...]
>
> Most definitely not. But when I find myself paraphrasing (badly, at
> that) what's already written in the manual, I've to step back and
> ask myself whether I'm doing anything wrong.

You tried to explain it better, but think the wording in the manual
described things better.  Nothing wrong about that.  Thank you for
trying to clarify things.  Also, there is nothing wrong with giving
up.  I was just saying how it was for me, that's all.

As more people get to use emacs, what was adequate before, becomes
inadequate.  Many things will change and people would want to use it
in different ways and at different levels of sophistication.  A
possibility could be not about writing more, but organise better.

After all we want that others are pleased with our work.

Regards
Christopher