Re: .Re: Org Capture Template

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: .Re: Org Capture Template
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 22:03:12 +0100

daniela-spit@gmx.it writes:

>> Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 at 5:49 PM
>> From: "Arthur Miller" <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> To: daniela-spit@gmx.it
>> Cc: "Help Gnu Emacs" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>> Subject: Re: .Re: Org Capture Template
>>
>> daniela-spit@gmx.it writes:
>>
>> > Can one have multiple org-capture-templates, instead than having just
>> > a single one for different types of capture items?
>> You can have as many as you want, as long as they are on different key
>> binding; if that is what you ask.
>
> Suppose two users have each one file with org-capture-templates.
> Can one call one or the other using a keybinding without requiring
> the two to be integrated within one org-capture-templates construct?

You mean if you can add different capture templates? You can add as many
as you want from where you want; it is just a list so you can use list
manipulation routines to change it. You can use add-to-list instead of
setq list:

(add-to-list 'org-capture-template '( ... )) instead of (setq
org-capture-template '( ... ))

No idea how it will work if you have capture tamplates on same key
though; I guess last one will take precedence, but I don't know.