Re: can undo unamalgamation be turned off reliably and completely?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: can undo unamalgamation be turned off reliably and completely?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 18:59:43 -0700

amalgamating-undo-limit does not exist in my emacs 25.  in what
version did/will it first appear?

i am glad that this [i hope] solves the problem in a future [to my]
version of emacs.  i wonder if it is solvable in emacs 25 also.

more below:

On 11/29/20, Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:
> Are these additional problems you experienced?  Have you investigated or
> reported them?

i only experienced them trying to stop the amalgamating.

one [checking interactivity] is mentioned clearly in a docstring as
being unreliable, so i hopefully presume it is in a bug report
someplace.  i have confirmed its unreliability, is all.

the other [adding bunching commands] is presumably a feature for those
who, unlike me, can tolerate amalgamation.  it was mentioned in NEWS
around emacs 24-25 ish.